The North and South Pontotoc High School safe rooms were designed to sustain 250 mph winds, which is equivalent to an EF5 tornado. Each dome houses approximately 11,000 square feet of space and will house approximately 1,134 occupants in the event of threatening weather. Each dome cost approximately $2 million. FEMA covered 90% of construction costs. The other 10% was paid for by the school district. Both projects were completed in 2017 with Rud B. Robison, Jr., AIA serving as PryorMorrow’s principal architect in charge.
Pontotoc Safe Rooms
June 24, 2020June 25, 2020
Pontotoc County School District | Pontotoc, MS
11,000 SF Each
Rud B. Robison, Jr., AIA